My photo
Macclesfield, Cheshire, United Kingdom
Account Manager in Advertising and Marketing Currently living in the beautiful Cheshire town of Macclesfield. I spend as much time as I can hiking, biking and camping, my passions are good design and photography and am never without my beloved camera.

18/05/2010

Always A Woman


I'm currently loving the latest John Lewis ads, not only can i not get that song out of my head ( always a woman - originally a hit for Billy Joel in 1977) but now i fancy Fyfe Dangerfield, whose recording of the track was used for the advert. I guess  I'm a sucker for a beaded man with a general sense of unkempt.

Its not only the melody that's so beautiful about the ad, but its simplicity and neat execution.The 90-second commercial is part of a £6 million campaign for the department store, and was viewed 130,000 times in six days on Youtube. The tune has now been made available on iTunes and will no doubt feature heavily on the UK’s radio stations.....

...the big question is whether the hype around the advert, stops short at the tills?

No comments:

Post a Comment